Saturday, July 12, 2008

Our jungle garden

At least that is what it feels like to Emma. She is my garden buddy. Here is what Emma and I picked today, two hot banana peppers and a jalapeno.
The sun was bothering Emma so she was hiding her eyes. In this pic she is standing next to the dill weed which is a little taller than she is.
This is Emma's pumpkin that she brought home from the last day of preschool. She is a really good gardener. We have a ton of blossoms on it so if anyone needs pumpkins this fall come on down and get some.
This is the watermelon and strawberries, which are almost being drowned out by the watermelon. The stinking birds keep eating the strawberries before we get to pick them. :(
Here are our tomatoes and peppers. I'm dying for the tomatoes to ripen, some of them are as big as a baseball already. Yummy!
Here are the cucumbers. I'm going to try my hand at pickling them. I can't wait, wish me luck!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

WOW..that looks great..lucky ducks.

Mary S. said...

Awesome! I'm definitly doing a garden next year. It's the only way to feel safe about what you are eating!!!

texasgal said...

Hi Kelly, I am so impressed with the beautiful garden you and Emma have grown. I know you will do well with your cucumbers. It is so wonderful to see all the great pictures. So glad you have this great site. Give our love to all, Brenda and Pappa